Thursday, November 30, 2006

11  BAPTISM


They put Galileo away for believing
Copernicus who believed in the Sun,
even more than the Sun.
They could put me away
for believing in you, La Rev.
Ah, Rev, you’re the church
with the highest steeples.
Your water is beyond holy.
You baptized all of me
when you kissed my forehead.
I felt my whole body go under.
I shocked the ocean and killed its fish.

But you brought them back.
You invented air conditioning
but I’m still hot.
Kiss my forehead again.
My love grows for you
like the inverse of a tumor.
I know no malady
that I know you.
I’ll follow you, La Rev,
in your celestial orbit,
in your quest for the rest of space.
Ah, Rev, you take me
beyond the Space Station,
you take me far beyond Jupiter,
you take me into the niches
of insane comets
and undetected planets.





Next Chapter: Screws


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?