Wednesday, December 06, 2006

12  The Next Best Thing To Being On the Inside


Love, like investing, is an art and not a science.  What is a stop-loss order?  What is a protective put?  I ask, “How do you manage risk?”  You say, “Take what the market is giving you.”  I say, “But how do I do that.”  You say, “Purchase what is selling below its real value and sell what is trading above its real value.”

“But how do I know value?” I say.

You say, “It is only charlatans who are certain.  Doubt is not a very agreeable state, but certainty is a ridiculous one.”

I have learned and know only this.  Never tell anyone what you are doing in the market because later it can force you to do things you might not want to do.



Next:  Twenty


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?